Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chronicles of Curliheadedness

And so it begins. One week into working to get more uniformity, definition, and natural products back into my hair. We'll be growing out layers, along with that. The nape of the neck ended up looking matted, but this is after having donned and doffed my coat a few times, today. I didn't finger through the bottom to fix that.



It's strange, looking at the side/back of my hair through a photo. Better than I thought. Not a "mess" in my world. Some more deep moisturizing needs to be done, and a replacement cone-free product to put back the shine...we'll just keep rolling with this. I'm in no hurry, yet.

4 comments:

debi said...

I'm not quite sure what you want to change, I think it looks good now! good luck growing out layers, thats always fun...LOL!

GracedLace said...

Sweet of you to think that way, Debi. Actually, I should have taken a photo a week or two ago. My curls were less consistent, especially in the back, and I was having to use a curling iron to get lift on top. My typical style (not the hair in my icon, as we were in Mexico...high humidity), was to straighten the bangs and the fringes around my face. Sort of a shag with mixed curl and straight. Great for when you aren't going to be out in any wind or humidity! I'm going back to natural, and, well, stay tuned.

Has that grandbaby arrived???

vivian said...

I love your curly hair. mIne is pretty straight. In fact, if I try to curl it, it comes right out, it wont hold a curl. funny that we always seem to want what we dont have. But your hair is pretty!!
hugs
viv

GracedLace said...

Viv, you are sooo right! And I seriously love your hair...always have. Thanks, Girlfriend!