Friday, January 1, 2010

Keepsaking, Part Two

Ah, what to do with rings?  I discovered several in this stash of jewelry, but had no idea what I would do to turn these into pieces that anyone might wear.  And then it dawned on me.  Why not create pendants!  They would definitely be unique items.  With these, I found that the simpler the ring, the better I liked the results.  Though the simulated saphhire ring had more embellishment that I could appreciate for a pendant design, I am satisfied with the best end result that I could obtain. 

The other two pieces are well disguised, I think.  No one would really guess that they were once rings, at first glance.

 My favorite is the plum colored piece in the center.  Once a Sarah Conventry (remember those parties?) ring, it's actually set in sterling silver. 

The ring on the right is tiger's eye.


I have one more ring with which to do something. It requires some thinking, as it's already such a unique piece with two cultured pearls in the setting.  You can bet that I'll eventually share it with you.  No doubt.

4 comments:

vivian said...

maybe you could make some sort of little wired nest pendent, with the pearls in it like eggs?
The three pieces that you showed are all pretty and my favorite is the same as yours!
Happy New year!!
hugs
vivian

GracedLace said...

Oh! I've seen those nest creations. That would be sweet, for sure, especially since I'm thinking that the pearl duet may be most appreciated by the daughter.

I did start to dream up a twisty little thing, last night, when I should have been falling asleep. We'll see what happens.

(Gosh, but you look fantastic, Viv)!

Libby Buttons said...

Clever and beautiful!
smiLes
LiBBy BuTTons

Nishant said...

Beautiful and what a great idea!

Work from home India