Sunday, January 3, 2010

Keepsaking, Part Three


This piece goes straight to my own heart.  The filigree heart, in its original form, hung on a very aged chain.  I loved the chain (not pictured, here), but realized that you have to be a true vintage lover to appreciate such things.

Knowing that the task at hand was to update, I decided to give the heart new life in an altered collage remake, and to prop it onto a newer chain in the stash.  Alone, this chain was ho-hum, but doubled and adorned with a pendant, it now looks alive.  The now asymmetrical style takes it to a very current place.

I sooo tried to find more pieces to which I could apply a collage sort of look, but this heart stands alone.  I was happy just to find this, as well as the little angel and stone.  Oh, and if you click on the photo for a closer peek, you'll notice the tiny bit of the old chain affixed to to the stone, for memory's sake.

1 comment:

vivian said...

so pretty! I just bought some charms and "stuff" to make a valentines charm bracelet. I should just send it all to you! It'll never turn out like I have pictured in my head.
Were getting dumped on in the snow department here today! so I'm staying in.. just need to stay out of the kitchen!
hugs
vivian